|

"The technology that made Incheon Bridge today is sprea…

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 명일잭업해양
조회 32Views 작성일 23-11-07 13:32

본문

At the 55th Trade Day event held on December 13, Korea's only steel wire construction company received both the Minister's Award and the $1 million Export Tower. The main character is Myeongil Jeonggong Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as 'Myeongil') who manufactures jackup pants. Barges are essential in large-scale marine projects or construction for wind power generation, but a jack-up system is needed to lift goods above the sky. However, Myeongil Jeonggong is the only company in Korea that can make this. The face of CEO Kim Moon-yong, whom I met at the venue, seemed full of joy and pride that he had been rewarded for his hard work so far. In particular, he can be said to be the master of the current Incheon Bridge. I met with CEO Kim, who has such excellent technology that there are no competitors in Korea, and heard about the business.

Exports to Russia, Kuwait, Singapore and other countries around the world
"I don't think I won this award because I did well. All the employees moved together like one body and one mind, so today's results would have been achieved. This award will be a very important opportunity to take our company to the next level. The staff is also very encouraged by this idea. Our market is in endless demand, and the size of our business itself is huge. A barge is 100 billion won per big one. If offshore construction and wind power plants will be built around the world, and we play a lot of roles, we will be able to grow beyond mid-sized companies to large companies."

In particular, the place where Myeongil is located is Gunsan City. It is all the more meaningful that Myeongil received both the export tower and the ministerial award in Gunsan, where both Hyundai Shipbuilding and GM Korea recently withdrew their businesses. Myeongil's history dates back as much as 20 years. Since its foundation in 1989, it has developed a mobile tower crane in 1994 through continuous research and development, and the MI series, a jack-up pants, in 1999. It is currently exporting to various countries around the world, including Russia, Kuwait, Singapore, and Hong Kong, as well as domestic geological survey ships. In addition, it has recently developed a jack-up pants shaking prevention device, a marine platform connection device, and a connection method, and is currently registering 10 core patents. CEO Kim Moon-yong, who started working in the shipbuilding industry in the past, jumped into the start-up with a unique passion for technology development and created today's achievements.

Source: General Current Affairs Magazine (http://www.sisanewszine.co.kr )